Ankylosing Spondylitis is a type of arthritis, which affects spine. Spine is made up of 33 individual bones which gives supports to your body, helps you to stand, bend and do all other physical activities. Spondylitis is the inflammation of the spine’s bones called vertebra. It is the most common cause of back and neck pain.
- Stiffness and pain in back bone.
- Neck pain, fatigue.
- Pain in hips and joints
- Pain in breast bone. It is because fusion of the ribs to spine takes place which eventually, will limit the person’s ability to breathe.
- Pain in ligaments. Ligaments are nothing but the tissue or fiber that connects two bones.
- Eye inflammation.
- Causes of Spondylitis are unknown. It is strongly believed that it has genetic origin.
- Exercise regularly.
- Medication. Consult Physiotherapist.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy